Sunday, October 7, 2012

Bangor Airport Mall craftshow review - Oct. 7th 2012

Yesterday was a success! I raised about $70 or more. Also i met some new people who were glad to help fund and learn my story. Everybody was really nice. We were in the dead center of the hallway and right next to us was a man who was paralyzed from the waist down. All through the day we had chit chat when we weren't talking to other people. The man was also raising money for his group for disabled adults. He could only feel half of his fingers, and he broke some things in his hand that didn't allow him to pick up things in certain ways and couldn't move as freely as we can.
I also talked to some people who had been on trips like mine. Mainly for school trips, and they bought some stuff to help out. A lot of the venders around us came around to shop to. One or two people I know came back twice. I handed out my blog cards to them too. I checked my page views today and I have 26 views for it! That's pretty cool just to start off.
The little kids there were so cute! They bought some of the brownie pops and brownie in a cone. I had to eat a few brownie pops, from my step aunt, as well. The dipped brownies looked really good. And the Pretzel treats WERE AWESOME!
The money I raised, again, goes straight to my tuition. I, personally, had about $300 and I need $400 to apply for the spot. I only need about $30 or less to make the first goal. The application is just that much closer, and as soon as I get my allowance, I am home free!

All in all, the craft show went well. Made some new friends, made some funding improvements, and had a lot of laughs. $70 is just that much closer to my goal, and I can't wait to do this again! 
Sorry I didn't post any pictures, I took a bunch but they are still in my camera so I'll try to post them tomorrow! Thanks for supporting my journey!

No comments:

Post a Comment