Tuesday, October 2, 2012

The starting line

This is where I start on this journey.  I was invited to participate in a student ambassador program called People to People. It's an educational travel experience that will take me to Ireland, Northern Ireland, Scotland, Wales, and England in the summer of 2013. Here is the itinerary. Check out all the cool places we'll be going!

I know that this trip is not only for fun.  Traveling to different countries creates an understanding of the world beyond our own town or state or national borders.  Travel increases our tolerance of each other as citizens of the same planet.  It inspires the imagination and feeds the curiosity.  It will deepen my connection to the history of this part of the world too!

 
  • PROGRAM FOCUS: Myths & Legends
  • ACADEMIC FOCUS: Architecture, Art, Earth Science, Geology, History, Political science
So join me on this journey - Nola's Journey - as I work on projects that will aide in funding this trip and learn about where I'm going and how you can be a part of it!


No comments:

Post a Comment